Adapted from Wayfaring Chocolate
- 1 cup (110g) walnuts
- 1 cup (150g) medjool dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup (30g) cocoa powder
- 1 avocado
- 70 g/2.5 ozs raw honey (the honey makes them non-vegan though) or agave nectar
- 30 g/ 1 oz. cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- dash salt
- dash cinnamon
2. In the food processor, whiz the avocado, honey or agave, second lot of cocoa, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon until smooth.
3. Spread the icing over the brownie base, then put in the freezer for about an hour to set. No matter how long the brownies stay in the freezer, they never become rock-hard.